Wednesday 15 July 2015

Music Video Review!


ReviewShatter Me- Lindsey Stirling (featLzzy Hale)

Is it hi or hey? It's Yon, here to do my own little personal review on a music video. In case you're wondering, we're all doing individual reviews as the 3 of us all happen to have different choices of music videos. Okay now that that's settled let's just get on with it. Music videos are great for promoting songs and providing a better and clearer idea of what the song is actually about. I don't know about you but I personally dislike songs that are just plain catchy with pointless lyrics. I chose what used to be my favorite song that got stucked in my head for days, aka Shatter Me featuring Lzzy Hale- Lindsey Stirling. Well I kind of just felt that this is a shining example of what I was talking about.






My Review: After watching this video, my guess of what this song is trying to tell is there's actually a better situation to be in than your current one and you'll just have to break through and shatter the barrier that stops you from reaching it which really is just your fear of not wanting to leave what you've already gotten used to. (I'm sorry. I know I sound so cheesy right now, opps?)




Regarding the bat part in the video, the bat is a creature that constantly lives in the darkness but when it flew passed a shattered part of the globe that
represents the barrier that I had mentioned, it transformed into a butterfly. Oh gosh, I'm over doing it with the cheesiness.







I found this music video unique as it's a combination of rock and powerful vocals along with elements that are typically used for classical music such as ballet and the violin instrument. Unlike any other violinist, Lindsey could play while performing ballet which is incredibly difficult to accomplish all at once. I mean have you ever seen anyone rocking out with a violin while ballet dancing before? Well now you have.



I think the way they expressed the song in this video was really creative and I can't stress enough how impressive the edits and special effects were in this music video just like any other videos from Lindsey's YouTube channel even though she isn't part of vevo.






No comments:

Post a Comment